What Is EMS?
EMS stands for “Electro Muscular Stimulation”. From a technical point of view, it is a full body training exercise using impulse current. In everyday life our central nervous system constantly sends electrical impulses to control our muscle action. EMS uses this natural principle and is able to intensify this process to reach deeper muscle layers which are hard to activate through conventional training. This is achieved by applying EMS electrodes to the skin directly above the muscle.
All in all you can call EMS simply a selective intensification of electrical stimuli from the outside. You gain the best results if you work-out actively while using our EMS device. Muscles are additionally stimulated through the electrodes while doing a series of low-impact exercises. This combined training leads to an additional increase of tension producing highly effective training results. Your personal trainer can control each muscle group by adjusting the training intensity according to your individual goals. With EMS you achieve visible and tangible success in a very short time. The training is not painful or harmful to your body.
Why Is EMS so effective?
During EMS training, 92% of muscles are activated simultaneously with each contraction.The muscle contractions are stronger and more intense than a voluntary exertion can do alone. Compared to conventional weight training, deeper muscle groups are activated which leads to better intra and inter muscular coordination.
Based on these scientifically proven facts you achieve highly effective results in a short period of time. Research has found that training with EMS is much more effective than conventional weight training at gym.
Research results from EMS Training
Look Good :
- 87% of participants reported significant visible effects in body shape and a more positive perception of themselves
- 89% felt more firm after the training
- 81% of the participants achived 4% body fat reduction within 6 weeks of EMS Training
- Women lost an average of 1,5 cm from their waist and hips
- Overweight persons lost an average 3,5 kg and 9% body fat, as well as 6,5 cm from their waist and 2 cm from their upper arm circumferance after 6 weeks
- Seniors over the age of 65 lost 6,9% of their abdominal fat and 6 cm from their wast
- An increase of performance capacity was observed in 84% of participants
- 71% of participants showed a significant improvement in endurance
- Maximum Strength increased by 17% after just 4 training sessions
- Maximum Performance increased by 30% after just 4 training sessions
- Contraction speed increased by an average of 22%
- The explosive power of trunk musculature was increased by 74%
- The effectiveness of EMS is 18 times higher than a conventional weight training.
- 20 minutes per week is all it takes to a healthier, stronger you.
- 89% of people tested reduced their back pain.
- Over 30% of those reported their recurring back problems had disappeared.
- 75% showed improvement with incontinence problems, while 33% of those were cured of incontinence altogether.
- 44% of participants with chronic complaints fully reduced their pain
- More than 40% of participants from a study complained about back pain, after 6 weeks the figure was just 9%
- On average, 85% of people tested felt an improvement of their body shape and 90% ranked the EMS training method as positive.
When it got discovered ?
In 1902 a French researcher invented the first stimulation machine which he used successfully to treat muscle atrophy/paralysis. More research followed and 70 years later two Russian scientists, Kotz and Chwilon, proved the outstanding results of muscular stimulation on human beings. Their experiments showed a 30-40% increase of muscular strength with minimal physiological and mental efforts in a short period of time. Back then EMS training was mainly used in therapy for the treatment and rehabilitation of muscle atrophy and muscle imbalance and in professional sports to improve performance. Training with electro muscular stimulation these days is a popular and proven training method which enjoys growing popularity all over the world.